Volker von Widdern
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Henley Business School
- B Accountancy, CA (SA)
- Supply Chain risk analysis – damage and non-damage
- Business Continuity – strategic and operational impacts
- Enterprise Wide Risk Management
- Treasury and investment risk assessment
- Risk placement optimisation
- Loss data analysis and modelling design with actuarial teams
- Risk Finance design and multi class optimisation
- Reinsurance design, including finite risk models
- Liability risk analysis
- Volker is a specialist risk consultant to the Riskonet organization in South Africa. He was responsible for the deployment of specialist risk practice disciplines in several geographies for MRC. From 2003 to 2016.
- Volker’ risk management experience reflects the in-depth analysis applied to each industry or segment. For example, MRC SA developed a mining risk assessment model that consolidated outputs from hundreds of previous mining risk surveys and related EML’s / MPL’s, so that future reports could be automatically benchmarked by type of mine and metals production.
- Volker led a substantial change in the insurance program of a major Taiwanese technology conglomerate, to rather build capacity on supply chain and business interruption exposures that were difficult to insure, and to increase the standard property deductibles, thus self-financing previously uninsured risks.
- Recently, Volker’s analysis of the medical malpractice sector resulted in a new engagement model with practitioners, societies and hospital groups that enabled a significant reduction in premiums and far better collaboration on data sources.